Raffi has broad experience in both trial and appellate matters nationwide. He has briefed and argued dozens of appeals in federal and state courts of appeals around the United States. Raffi also maintains an active practice in the United States Supreme Court, including both merits and amicus briefs. In 2019, Raffi briefed and argued Fort Bend v. Davis, where his client prevailed in a 9-0 decision written by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. The Firm later successfully represented Ms. Davis in her jury trial on remand.
An elected member of the prestigious American Law Institute, Raffi is widely experienced. To take only a few examples, he has handled appeals in securities fraud litigation, corporate governance litigation, employment litigation, antitrust class actions, products liability class actions, insurance coverage disputes, partnership disputes, and intellectual property litigation. Raffi regularly litigates the most difficult and complex appellate cases.
Raffi tweets about appellate practice at @RMFifthcircuit. As Social Media Chair and council member of the State Bar of Texas’s Appellate Practice Section, he helps administer the Section’s twitter account @TexAppOrg. He is also the Chair-Elect of the Houston Bar Association’s Federal Practice Section. Raffi regularly speaks and writes about appeals in forums across Texas and the United States.
- Partner, Wright Close & Barger, LLP, 2018 – present
- Partner, Wright & Close, LLP, 2016 – 2017
- Associate, Wright & Close, LLP, 2013 – 2016
- Associate, Schlam, Stone & Dolan, LLP, 2011 – 2013
- Associate, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP, 2006 – 2010
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Jennifer W. Elrod, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2010 – 2011
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Stephen P. Lamb, Delaware Court of Chancery, 2005 – 2006
- Elected Member, American Law Institute, 2023 – Present
- Armenian Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas Appellate Section, Co-Chair of Social Media
- Member, Garland R. Walker American Inn of Court
- Chair-Elect, Houston Bar Association Federal Practice Section
- Best Lawyers® (publ. by BL Rankings, LLC) – 2020
- Texas Super Lawyers® (publ. by Thompson Reuters) – 2017 to present
- Texas Rising Stars® (publ. by Thompson Reuters) – 2016