Rachel has significant litigation and appellate experience in both state and federal courts. In private practice, she has represented clients in a variety of matters, including complex commercial cases, personal injury claims, real estate disputes, theft of trade secret allegations, and insurance coverage litigation. Rachel’s skill in helping courts and clients navigate unique legal issues was honed by a decade working as a permanent law clerk at a federal district trial court and at a Texas intermediate court of appeals.
Rachel is Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Partner, Wright Close & Barger, LLP, 2020 – present
- Senior Assistant City Attorney, City of Houston, 2019 – 2020
- Associate, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, 2018 – 2019
- Career Law Clerk, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2010 – 2018
- Senior Chambers Attorney, First Court of Appeals, Houston, Texas, 2008 – 2010
- Associate, Locke Lord LLP, 2003 – 2008
- Term Law Clerk, First Court of Appeals, Houston, Texas 2002 – 2003
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Civil Appellate Law
- State Bar of Texas (Appellate Section)
- State Bar of Texas Committee on Continuing Legal Education
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Houston Bar Association (Appellate Section)
- The College of the State Bar of Texas