Rachel has significant litigation and appellate experience in both state and federal courts. In private practice, she has represented clients in a variety of matters, including complex commercial cases, personal injury claims, real estate disputes, theft of trade secret allegations, and insurance coverage litigation. Rachel’s skill in helping courts and clients navigate unique legal issues was honed by a decade working as a permanent law clerk at a federal district trial court and at a Texas intermediate court of appeals.
Rachel is Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Partner, Wright Close & Barger, LLP, 2020 – present
- Senior Assistant City Attorney, City of Houston, 2019 – 2020
- Associate, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, 2018 – 2019
- Career Law Clerk, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2010 – 2018
- Senior Chambers Attorney, First Court of Appeals, Houston, Texas, 2008 – 2010
- Associate, Locke Lord LLP, 2003 – 2008
- Term Law Clerk, First Court of Appeals, Houston, Texas 2002 – 2003
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Civil Appellate Law
- State Bar of Texas (Appellate Section)
- State Bar of Texas Jury Service Committee
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Houston Bar Association (Appellate and Federal Practice Sections)
- The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Texas Supreme Court Historical Society, Trustee
- Removal and Remand, State Bar of Texas Federal Court Practice – May 2023.
- Dispositive Motions, State Bar of Texas Federal Court Practice – May 2021.
- Removals and Remands in the Court of Appeals, State Bar of Texas Handling Your First or Next Removal or Remand – November 2021.
- Pattern Jury Charge Update, State Bar of Texas 35th Annual Advanced Personal Injury Law – July 2019.