Lisa’s practice includes both civil litigation and appeals. Lisa has worked on a variety of cases in all phases of litigation in state and federal court. She has worked on cases involving personal injury, wrongful death, insurance coverage, and commercial lawsuits. She has also worked on several cases involving criminal matters.
Before joining the firm, Lisa served as an officer with the Houston Police Department for seven years. She was a nightshift patrol officer for four years, and a Homicide Investigator for three years. She has handled numerous kidnapping and murder investigations. She has worked on hundreds of felony and misdemeanor cases. She has also testified as the investigating officer in numerous criminal trials involving murder, sexual assault, robbery, and DWI cases.
- Associate, Wright & Close, LLP, 2015 – present
- Intern, Harris County District Attorney’s Office, 2014
- Officer, Houston Police Department, 2008 – 2015
- Intern, Federal Bureau of Investigation, 2007
Presentations & Publications
- "Where Does the Workplace Begin and End? – Course and Scope Issues in Texas" – TX Continuing Education Seminar – Dec. 2019.
- "Uninsured Motorist and Underinsured Motorist Coverage: Current Law and Legislative Update" – TX Continuing Education Seminar – Aug. 2019.
- “Hot Topics in Litigation and Insurance” – NY/NJ Continuing Education Seminars – Jan. 2018.
- State Bar of Texas (Appellate and Litigation Practice Sections)
- Houston Bar Association (Appellate and Litigation Practice Sections)