Ken’s practice focuses on in the area of general commercial litigation, with an emphasis on complex probate, trust, and fiduciary litigation. He represents executors, trustees, and beneficiaries in will contests, disputes over will and trust interpretation, removal actions, and fiduciary-liability actions. He also handles cases involving real-estate brokerage contracts, corporate governance, bankruptcy, and construction contracts. For 2019 Ken has been selected by his peers as among the Best Lawyers in America® in the category of Trusts and Estates Litigation, as published by RL Rankings, LLC.
Ken is originally from Huntsville, Texas. Before joining the firm, Ken worked with Campbell Harrison & Dagley, and at the Houston office of Andrews Kurth LLP. He also worked as a staff writer and senior development editor for Jones McClure Publishing, which publishes the O'Connor's series of legal practitioner's guides. Along with firm attorney Suzanne Goss, Ken is a co-author of O'Connor's Estates Code Plus (previously O'Connor's Probate Code Plus), which is now in its eleventh edition. He is also a past contributing editor for O'Connor's Texas Causes of Action, O'Connor's Family Law Handbook, and O'Connor's Texas Rules-Civil Trials.
- General Commercial Litigation
- Probate, Trust and Fiduciary Litigation
- Real Estate Brokerage Contracts
- Wright Close & Barger, LLP, Partner Jan 2016 – Present
- Campbell Harrison Dagley L.L.P. Partner Jul 2007 – Dec 2015
- Jones McClure Publishing Senior Development Editor Oct 2003 – Jun 2007
- Andrews Kurth LLP Associate Sep 1998 – Apr 2003
Presentations & Publications
- Co-Author, O'Connor's Texas Estates Code Plus (www.oconnors.com)
- Co-Author, Discovery Toolkit-Probate, Trust and Guardianship Litigation, presented (as updated and revised) at the State Bar of Texas 25th Annual Advanced Estate Planning and Probate Course on June 6-8, 2001, in Houston, Texas; at a training seminar for the Denton County Bar Association on February 1, 2002 (by Judge Don Windle); at the Attorneys in Tax and Probate Conference on April 2, 2002; at the Tarrant County Probate Bar Litigation Seminar on April 26, 2002; at the Houston Bar Association Wills and Probate Institute at South Texas College of Law on January 23, 2003; at the State Bar of Texas 29th Annual Advanced Estate Planning and Probate Course on June 8-10, 2005 in Ft. Worth, Texas (as additionally updated and revised by Ruth Ann Stiles, Associate Judge of Probate Court No.1 in Harris County, Texas); at the South Texas College of Law Wills and Probate Institute on September 14, 15, 2006 in Houston, Texas; and at the Houston Bar Association Probate, Trusts and Estates Section November 2008 Meeting.
- Co-Author, Gunfight at the OK Corral: Litigation and Discovery Issues, presented at the State Bar of Texas Advanced Guardianship Course 2010, on April 16, 2010, in Dallas, Texas (with Co-Presenter, Mary C. Burdette, Calloway, Norris, Burdette & Weber, PLLC)
- Co-Author, Discovery Toolkit: Litigation and Discovery Issues, presented at the 25th Annual Wills and Probate Institute at South Texas College of Law on September 24, 2010, in Houston, Texas.
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Bar College
- Best Lawyers® (publ. by BL Rankings, LLC) – 2020