Johanna Trees is a dynamic advocate for her clients, specializing in the areas of commercial litigation and personal injury defense. Her experience includes clerking for the Hon. Marcia Crone in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, where Johanna researched and prepared memoranda in civil and criminal matters before the court. Johanna has extensive knowledge of maritime law and industry from her experience developing business opportunities within the inland waterway system. She also gained invaluable business experience coordinating various stakeholders in her years of service with the Louisiana State University athletic department. Johanna is a proud graduate of Louisiana State University where she earned her undergraduate degree in Political Science and her master’s degree in Public Administration. Johanna earned her juris doctorate from South Texas College of Law, and she is prepared to assist her clients in every aspect of the legal process.
- Clerkship with the Hon. Marcia Crone in the Eastern District of Texas – Beaumont Division, 2019 – 2021
- Associate MehaffyWeber PC, 2022-2023
- State Bar of Texas (African-American Lawyers, Insurance Law, and Litigation)
- Houston Bar Association (Federal Practice and Litigation Sections)
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel