Brittany’s practice focuses on civil litigation and appeals.
Prior to joining Wright Close & Barger, Brittany completed the Gregory Coleman Fellowship at the Texas Solicitor General’s Office. During her fellowship, Brittany represented governmental clients on diverse issues of state and federal law. In addition to assisting her colleagues on several appeals, Brittany served as lead counsel in two cases before the Third Court of Appeals and the Eighth Court of Appeals, and presented oral argument at the Eighth Court of Appeals. Brittany also served as the Office of the Solicitor General’s legislative liaison for the Texas Legislature’s 85th regular legislative session.
Additionally, Brittany clerked for the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas and the Texas Supreme Court. In those roles, Brittany prepared memoranda to judges recommending disposition of cases; attended and occasionally presented recommendations at conferences among judges; and assisted with the drafting of dozens of published and unpublished opinions.
- Associate, Wright Close & Barger, LLP, 2018 – present
- Gregory Coleman Fellow/Assistant Attorney General, Office of the Solicitor General, Office of the Attorney General of Texas, 2016 – 2017
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Melinda Harmon, United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2017 – 2018
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Paul W. Green, Supreme Court of Texas, 2015 – 2016
Presentations & Publications
- To Venue, and Beyond! A Review of Uniquely Texas Venue Statutes and Rules, The Advocate, Winter 2021, at 25-28.
- Comment, Consumer Rights Need a Reboot: The Supreme Court’s Decision in Kirtsaeng v. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. May Have Unintended Consequences for the First Sale Doctrine and Consumers, 47 Tex. Tech L. Rev. 275 (2015).
- State Bar of Texas (Appellate and Litigation Sections)
- Houston Bar Association (Appellate and Litigation Sections)
- The Garland Walker American Inn of Court
- The Federalist Society