Brad is a board certified appellate lawyer, specializing in Texas civil appeals. He has handled over 75 appeals, including interlocutory appeals and original proceedings, primarily in the intermediate state appellate courts and the Texas Supreme Court. He has also presented over a dozen oral arguments in Texas appellate courts, including in the Texas Supreme Court. Further, he has significant experience in state trial courts, from handling pre-trial motion practice to the jury charge. His practice involves a wide variety of cases: breach of contract; UCC warranty; construction litigation; products liability; premises liability; trade secrets; oil and gas; probate; fiduciary duty; and catastrophic personal injuries.
- Civil Appellate
- General Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Partner, Wright Close & Barger, LLP, 2018 – present
- Partner, Wright & Close, 2015 – 2017
- Associate, Wright & Close, LLP, 2010 – 2014
- Associate, Wright Brown & Close, LLP, 2006 – 2010
Certifications and Awards
- Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization – since 2016
- Best Lawyers in America® (publ. by BL Rankings, LLC) – since 2021
- Texas Super Lawyers® (publ. by Thompson Reuters) – since 2020
- Texas Rising Stars® (publ. by Thompson Reuters) – 2010, 2017 – 2020
Presentations & Publications
- “Jury Charges in Construction Cases.” 2023 DRI Construction Law Seminar (Las Vegas, Nevada January 2023).
- “Chapter 95: Property Owner’s Liability for Acts of Independent Contractors.” Advanced Personal Injury 2018 Course (San Antonio, Texas July 2018).
- “Premises liability claims in the Construction Context after Centerpoint v. Trussway.” Houston Construction Law Section (Houston, Texas March 2018).
- OCIP and CCIP Exclusive Remedy. 31st Annual Construction Law Conference, March 1, 2018. Construction Law Section, The State Bar of Texas.
- “Premises Liability, Chapter 95, and What the Pattern Jury Charge Gets Right (and Wrong?).” Houston Bar Association Appellate Law Section (Houston, Texas Feb. 2018).
- “Don’t Goof Up the Wrap Up.” Houston Construction Law Section (Houston, Texas April 2016).
- “Texas Litigation Update.” AIG 2015 Energy Client Summit (Austin, Texas November 2015).
- “The Economic Loss Rule After Eby.” 28th Annual Construction Law Conference (San Antonio, Texas March 2015).
- “Chapter 82 Indemnity: Products Liability, and Beyond?” San Antonio Bar Association Construction Law Section (San Antonio, Texas March 2014).
- “Contract is King, Again. The Economic Loss Rule after LAN/STV v. Eby.” Houston Bar Association Construction Law Section (Houston, Texas September 2014).
- The Economic Loss Rule after Eby. 28th Annual Construction Law Conference, March 5, 2015. Construction Law Section, The State Bar of Texas.
- Board of Directors, Woodland Heights Civic Association, 2017 – present
- Board of Directors, Houston Tomorrow, 2017 – 2018
- Board of Directors, Spring Branch Family Development Center, 2012 – 2015
- Member, Bike Houston, 2015 – present
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas (Appellate and Construction Law Sections)
- Houston Bar Association (Appellate and Construction Law Sections)
- South Asian Bar Association
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow, 2013 – present