Tasha's practice focuses on civil litigation, insurance coverage disputes, and appellate law. She litigates cases involving personal injury, business torts, and other commercial disputes. Tasha also handles insurance coverage and extra-contractual litigation, and advises her carrier clients on issues related to a variety of policies, including employers’ liability, commercial auto, commercial general liability, control of well, directors and officers' liability, excess and umbrella liability, and a variety of surplus lines policies. She has represented clients in state and federal courts nationwide.
Tasha has handled appeals before Texas courts of appeals, Texas Supreme Court, and United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. As appellate counsel, she has also assisted trial counsel with all phases of trial preparation and has monitored several trials. As a briefing attorney for the Fourteenth Court of Appeals, Tasha researched legal and factual issues, made recommendations to the justices, and assisted in drafting and editing opinions in a wide array of civil and criminal appeals. She was selected for inclusion in Thomson Reuters’ list of Texas Rising Stars (2016-present) in Appellate, Insurance Coverage and General Litigation, as published in Texas Monthly.
Outside the office, Tasha enjoys spending time with her husband and their kids. She is an avid sports fan and wine enthusiast, and she loves to cook and travel.
- Partner, Wright Close & Barger, LLP, 2018 – present
- Associate, Wright & Close, LLP, 2013 – 2018
- Associate, Edison, McDowell & Hetherington LLP, 2010 – 2013
- Briefing Attorney to Justice Jeffrey V. Brown, Fourteenth Court of Appeals, 2009-2010. Justice Brown now serves as the United States District Court Judge for the Southern District of Texas in the Galveston Division.
Publications & Presentations
- “Preparation and Preservation: Tackling the Jury Charge.” Houston Lawyer (September/October 2018).
- A Trial Lawyer’s Guide to Interlocutory Appeals and Mandamuses in Texas State Courts, The Advocate, Fall 2016, at 15–18.
- Understanding Insurance Coverage Issues, State Bar of Texas 32nd Annual Advanced Personal Injury Law Course Material, July 2016, at Chapter 4.
- “Understanding Insurance Coverage.” State Bar of Texas 32nd Annual Advanced Personal Injury Law Course (Dallas, Texas, July 2016)
- State Bar of Texas (Appellate, Insurance, and Litigation Sections)
- Houston Bar Association (Appellate and Litigation Sections)
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow, 2016 – present
- Best Lawyers in America® – Insurance Litigation – 2021
- Texas Tech School of Law Rising Star Award – 2021
- Texas Rising Stars® (publ. by Thompson Reuters) – 2016 to present