Marie has experience is both trial and appellate matters. In private practice, Marie handles or assists in all phases of litigation for a wide variety of clients involved in products liability, premises liability, personal injury, insurance defense, contract disputes, and commercial lawsuits. She has appeared and handled appeals before various Texas courts of appeals.
Prior to joining the firm, Marie was an attorney for the Fourteenth Court of Appeals. At the court of appeals, Marie evaluated civil and criminal appeals, made recommendations to the judges, and assisted the judges in drafting and editing judicial opinions in complex appeals, as well as original proceedings. Marie also assisted court committees in electronic document projects and providing training to the Texas appellate court on working in an electronic environment.
- Partner, Wright Close & Barger, LLP, 2018 – present
- Partner, Wright & Close, 2015 – 2017
- Associate, Wright & Close, 2010 – 2014
- Staff Attorney, Fourteenth Court of Appeals, 2008 – 2010
- Briefing Attorney, Fourteenth Court of Appeals, 2007 – 2008
- Associate, Melvin Houston & Associates, 2005 – 2007
- Intern, Federal Public Defender’s Office – Southern District of Texas, Summer 2004 and Spring 2005
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Executive Committee Member, Garland R. Walker American Inn of Court
- Board of Trustees for the Texas Center for Legal Ethics