Jessica has experience in both trial and appellate matters. In private practice, she assisted in or handled all phases of litigation for a wide variety of clients involved in insurance defense and coverage, products liability, premises liability, personal injury, and commercial lawsuits in state and federal court. At the court of appeals, she researched legal and factual issues, made recommendations to the judges, and assisted the judges in drafting and editing opinions regarding a wide variety of complex civil and criminal appeals, as well as original proceedings.
Jessica was selected for inclusion in Thomson Reuters’ list of Texas Rising Stars (2012, 2015) in Appellate Law, as published in Texas Monthly. She is Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Partner, Wright Close & Barger, LLP, 2018 – present
- Partner, Wright & Close, LLP, 2012 - 2017
- Associate, Wright & Close, LLP, 2010 – 2011
- Associate, Wright Brown & Close, LLP, 2007 – 2010
- Staff Attorney, Fourteenth Court of Appeals, 2005 – 2007
- Associate, Chamberlain Hrdlicka White Williams & Martin 2004 – 2005
- Associate, Phelps Dunbar 2002 – 2003
- Briefing Attorney, Fourteenth Court of Appeals 2001 – 2002
- Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- State Bar of Texas (Appellate Section)
- Council Member, Houston Bar Association (Appellate Section)