Ms. Barger has experience in both trial and appellate matters. In private practice, she has assisted in or handled all phases of litigation for a wide variety of clients involved in insurance defense and coverage, products liability, premises liability, personal injury, and commercial lawsuits in state and federal court. While at the Fourteenth Court of Appeals, she researched legal and factual issues, made recommendations to the judges, and assisted the judges in drafting and editing opinions regarding a wide variety of complex civil and criminal appeals, as well as original proceedings.
Since joining the firm, Ms. Barger has submitted briefs and argued cases in the Supreme Court of Texas, in several intermediate appellate courts throughout Texas, and in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. She is a frequent speaker on various appellate and insurance coverage issues. She has also has been recognized as among the “Best Lawyers” in America for appellate law, as well as one of Houston’s Top Lawyers for the People by H Texas Magazine.
- Partner, Wright Close & Barger, LLP, 2018 – present
- Partner, Wright & Close, LLP, 2012 - 2017
- Associate, Wright & Close, LLP, 2010 – 2011
- Associate, Wright Brown & Close, LLP, 2007 – 2010
- Staff Attorney, Fourteenth Court of Appeals, 2005 – 2007
- Associate, Chamberlain Hrdlicka White Williams & Martin 2004 – 2005
- Associate, Phelps Dunbar 2002 – 2003
- Briefing Attorney, Fourteenth Court of Appeals 2001 – 2002
- Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- State Bar of Texas (Appellate Section)
- Council Member, Houston Bar Association (Appellate Section)