Brad is a board certified appellate lawyer, specializing in Texas civil appeals. He has handled all types of appellate matters, including interlocutory appeals and petitions for writ of mandamus, in the intermediate state appellate courts and the Texas Supreme Court. He also has significant experience in state trial courts, from handling pre-trial motion practice to the jury charge. His practice primarily involves large commercial, personal injury, and construction litigation.
- Partner, Wright Close & Barger, LLP, 2018 – present
- Partner, Wright & Close, 2015–2017
- Associate, Wright & Close, LLP, 2010–2014
- Associate, Wright Brown & Close, LLP, 2006–2010
- Brad is Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Brad was selected for inclusion in Thomson Reuters’ list of Texas Rising Stars (2010, 2017, 2018) in Appellate and Civil Litigation, as published in Texas Monthly.
Presentations & Publications
- “Premises liability claims in the Construction Context after Centerpoint v. Trussway.” Houston Construction Law Section (Houston, Texas March 2018)
- OCIP and CCIP Exclusive Remedy. 31st Annual Construction Law Conference, March 1, 2018. Construction Law Section, The State Bar of Texas.
- “Premises Liability, Chapter 95, and What the Pattern Jury Charge Gets Right (and Wrong?).” Houston Bar Association Appellate Law Section (Houston, Texas Feb. 2018)
- “Don’t Goof Up the Wrap Up.” Houston Construction Law Section (Houston, Texas April 2016)
- “Texas Litigation Update.” AIG 2015 Energy Client Summit (Austin, Texas November 2015)
- “The Economic Loss Rule After Eby.” 28th Annual Construction Law Conference (San Antonio, Texas March 2015)
- “Chapter 82 Indemnity: Products Liability, and Beyond?” San Antonio Bar Association Construction Law Section (San Antonio, Texas March 2014)
- “Contract is King, Again. The Economic Loss Rule after LAN/STV v. Eby.” Houston Bar Association Construction Law Section (Houston, Texas September 2014)
- The Economic Loss Rule after Eby. 28th Annual Construction Law Conference, March 5, 2015. Construction Law Section, The State Bar of Texas.
- Board of Directors, Houston Tomorrow, 2017–present
- Board of Directors, Woodland Heights Civic Association, 2016–2018
- Board of Directors, Spring Branch Family Development Center, 2012–2015
- Member, Bike Houston, 2015–present
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas (Appellate and Construction Law Sections)
- Houston Bar Association (Appellate and Construction Law Sections)
- South Asian Bar Association
- American Constitution Society
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow, 2013–present