Elizabeth’s practice focuses on insurance coverage matters. This commonly involves evaluation of CGL, business auto, D&O, COW, employer’s liability, marine, excess liability, and a variety of surplus lines policies. She has drafted multiple insurance policies for clients, for submission as admitted policies across the nation. Her coverage litigation experience includes Stowersdefense; defense of insurers in breach-of-contract, bad faith, and DTPA claims; and prosecution of declaratory judgment actions against insureds or other carriers in both first- and third-party claims. Her years of experience as an appellate lawyer, including a clerkship on the First Court of Appeals, allows her to see these matters through appeal.
Outside the office, Elizabeth enjoys spending time with her husband, daughter, and two boxer dogs. Her hobbies include gardening (poorly) and scotch tasting.
- Civil Appellate Matters
- Insurance Coverage
- Partner, Wright Close & Barger, LLP, 2018 – present
- Associate, Wright & Close, LLP, 2011 – 2018
- Associate, Martin, Disiere, Jefferson & Wisdom, LLP, 2009 – 2011
- Law Clerk, First Court of Appeals of Texas, 2008 – 2009
Presentations & Publications
- “Understanding Insurance Coverage Issues,” State Bar of Texas 32nd Annual Advanced Personal Injury Law Course Material, July 2016, at Chapter 4.
- Understanding Insurance Coverage. State Bar of Texas 32nd Annual Advanced Personal Injury Law Course (Dallas, Texas, July 2016).
- Texas Bar Association Fellow
- State Bar of Texas (Insurance and Appellate sections)
- Houston Bar Association (Appellate and Oil, Gas & Mineral Law sections)