Elizabeth’s practice focuses on third-party coverage and civil appellate matters. Her coverage practice commonly involves evaluation of liability coverage under workers’ compensation, CGL, commercial auto, D&O, and excess policies, but also extends to a variety of surplus lines policies such as COW. Her coverage litigation experience includes first-party claims, Stowers claims, and declaratory judgment actions against insureds or other carriers.
As appellate counsel, Elizabeth has argued before multiple Texas courts of appeals and briefed cases before the Texas Supreme Court and Fifth Circuit. When involved in the case early enough, Elizabeth drafts and argues dispositive motions, pretrial motions such as Daubert and motions to exclude, and the proposed charge, and monitors trial for preservation of error. The types of appellate cases runs the gamut, but Elizabeth has extensive experience in defense of trucking cases.
Prior to joining the firm, Elizabeth served as a law clerk to Justice Elsa Alcala on the Court of Appeals for the First District of Texas.
- Partner, Wright Close & Barger, LLP, 2018 – present
- Associate, Wright & Close, LLP, 2011 – 2018
- Associate, Martin, Disiere, Jefferson & Wisdom, LLP, 2009 – 2011
- Law Clerk, First Court of Appeals of Texas, 2008 – 2009
- State Bar of Texas (Appellate Section)
- Houston Bar Association (Appellate Section)